We collect personal information from our customers in the regular course of doing business. This brochure answers some of your most frequently asked questions, and lets you know exactly how we're protecting the information you entrust to us.
What personal information do you collect about me?
We collect the following information about you:
Remember that personal information is information about an identifiable person, so it includes much more than name and contact information. It also includes:
• Name;When you visit our web site we collect nothing about you of any kind.
• Telephone, including cell and fax numbers;
• Driver's license;
• Customer demographics (product(s) used, type of business, size of fleet, locations);
• Customer financial information (including credit history, payment card and credit card numbers);
• Purchase history and product preferences;
• Staff contacts
How do you use this information?
The main reasons we collect personal information from you are:
• to complete a sale or transaction with you;If it's a necessary part of any of these transactions, we may disclose your information to another company. For eg., when you apply for credit, we pass on your personal information to a credit reporting agency so we can complete a credit check. We also pass on your name and address to a courier company to complete a delivery or to a graphics company to make sure we get the images you want on your product correct.
• to verify your credit, if necessary;
• to place special orders on your behalf;
• to deliver products directly to you;
• to limit the possibility of fraud when we process financial transactions.
We also use your personal information for other, secondary reasons, including:
• customer serviceWe will also disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so.
• to administer a loyalty program
• as part of a warranty program
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we assume you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask you for personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no. Saying no is called opting out. By opting out, you can tell us not to collect the information and/or not to share it with other companies.
How do I opt out?
If you provide us with any information and do not want it to be used for another purpose other than order fulfillment you must inform your sales contact directly.
How do I get more information?
Our staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have about your personal information. If you would like more information about our policies, or you would like to see exactly what personal information we have about you in our records, or you wish to register a complaint, please contact:
Linda PetelkaYou can also contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for assistance between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm, at:
Business Telephone 905-335-2012
Business Email Address: LindaP@loadcovering.com
Business Address: 5499 Harvester Road, Burlington, ON L7L 5V4
Phone: (613) 995-8210
Fax: (613) 947-6850
TTY: (613) 992-9190
or by mail at:
112 Kent Street
Place de Ville
Tower B, 3rd Floor
or on the Web at: https://www.privcom.gc.ca